Mohair bolero: 2 rows – you can’t knit mohair when it is hot and yes it can get hot in Hobart although not for long. (That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!)
Soleil: Before leaving for Hobart I got up to the armholes and tried it on again. The modifications I had made were good. These were:
- an extra inch in length between the waist and the armhole
- added 4 stitch darts to either side.
- left out the final side increase
Since arriving I have completed 2″ of the back so this one at least is going well.
Silk Capped Sleeve top: Haven’t touched it. Ivory silk is no good with sweaty fingers!
Another long term project that is picked up when I am going to be waiting somewhere or visiting friends. I managed 2 rows of squares in the last fortnight. (Currently on the 3rd ball of 5 Rowan Tapestry in Pot Pourri colourway). I am knitting this on Art Viva Tasmanian Oak needles, I have the 20 cm ones that are great for scarves. The timber is very smooth making these needles lovely to knit with.
Log Cabin: Completed another strip during the weekend. Next up 4 3″ strips in denim blue .
Garter stitch wrap: Still plodding along. 2 balls down; 18 to go.
Recycled Sari silk scarf: Frogged. I decided I didn’t like the way it was turning out. I have to determine the best way to use this recycled yarn that I got from Charly (Ixchelbunny) a couple of years ago. It just isn’t co operating with anything I have tried to do with yet. One day I will come up with something for it. It is basically black, with streaks of silver red and purple…
Bushland Scarf: As predicted I got distracted. I found the third yarn to make my next purl scarf (see monday’s entry). Of course I had to start this straight away to see how the colours worked together.
Drop stitch cowl: Tuesday was HOT. I didn’t want anything that was sticky or would sit in my lap. I got a ball of 4ply bamboo and started designed a ‘warm weather’ cowl. The basis of the design was Clapotis however when knitting a cowl in the round you can’t knit on the bias.
I worked out a way to get the bars running diagonally up the cowl. I will post the pattern when it is finished if it works.
As you can see I like working on different things at different times. Now if only I could get a few finished…