Top down capelet finished…and a cowl started

Another FO!  I finished my top down capelet last night.  You have to love a project where the finishing amounts to sewing in 2 ends and giving it a wash.  No seams, no blocking, brilliant.  I’ll get better photos when I go home and have someone to take them!

This capelet is made from Stokesay Mohair, this is one of my semi-local yarn suppliers.  The owner is really nice, she always makes time for a chat and has taken Monkey into the paddocks to see the horses and alpacas.  There weren’t any goats in the near paddocks last time we were there.  Time for another visit I think…

On a completely different topic, I had 2 odd balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran in my stash.  I started a simple 2 colour cowl that is being developed as I go along.  I am writing down exactly what I am doing so a pattern should be available shortly after the cowl is finished.  If it is any good I will share, it could turn out to be a complete failure  – you never know.

Anyway here is the current progress shot. 

One thought on “Top down capelet finished…and a cowl started

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s