Now that the weather has cooled off it is time to plan my winter knits. I have a few things I want to be able to wear this winter:
- Wide collared jacket. I’m half way up the body on this, still need to knit the sleeves (I really hate sleeves) and the collar (miles of rib).
- I need a new jumper. I will have to get going on the aubergine sweater that has so far had 3 false starts.
- I must finish my cap sleeved top as that will be great with suits, an all year round knit really – almost finished so priority 1.
- I need to get back to my fluted ribs capelet too, that one is 50% done and being shaped with short rows so an interesting and relatively quick knit.
- I have some Rowanspun chunky that I want to use to make the A line jacket from Runway Knits , that should be a relatively quick knit on 9mm needles.
- I also need a pair of black wristwarmers, sometimes red or cream just don’t work.
- And lastly the other funky slipper.
So that gives me something almost finished, 2 things on 4 – 4.5mm needles and a couple of quick knits. I also have the the garter stitch wrap and a number of scarves to work on when I want something different. The summer knitting can take a back seat for a while. I won’t need a fine lace shawl or a lace weight capelet for a while now.
Currently OTN: (more details in the links to the right)
Cap sleeved top, this has a lace and cable panel front and back and I’m knitting it in the round. 90%
Sheer poncho – a good lace weight summer cover up that is simple stocking stitch. 50%
Shawl in Syrian pattern – a simple lace in 4ply bamboo 25%
Tantric puzzle – 2 textured rectangles of cotton/wool blend sewn together to make a top. 25%
Wide collared jacket – a heavy winter jacket with a wide ribbed collar, this one is slightly flaired at the bottom and quite long. 20%
Fluted ribs – a capelet knitted sideways using short rows for shaping. 50%
Garter stitch wrap – 4 large garter stitch triangles sewn together to make a wrap that drapes beautifully. 20%
Funky slippers – simple rectangles cinched at the front seamed across the top and seamed at the back. 50%
Entrelac scarf – I’m using self striping wool so each square ends up different to the previous one; fun to knit and watch the colours develop. Knitting the purl rows backward on this one so I don’t have to turn the work every 8 stitches 50%
Lace scarf – Simple lace pattern, pretty variegated 5ply. (my waiting project that lives in my car)
Reversible cable scarf – reversible cables on a textured background 10%
Victorian ruby scarf – lace scarf in 4ply wool 40%
Ribbed mohair scarf – mottled green mohair on big needles 10%
Log Cabin – modular knitting with strips in different colours knitted on to the edges of what has been done.