As some of you may know I have been part time for almost 2 years after suffering depression. Well I’m feeling much better and as of 1st January I am back to full time work. This means less time for knitting and more money to buy yarn…
So what are my plans for 2010?
- Learn to weave. First of all I have to get a small loom to learn on, I have been given a large old carpet loom but that is not for a beginner so I’m thinking of getting a knitters loom so that it is mobile and I can take it to craft group with me. Evidently you can make a scarf in about 2 hours.
- Make a full size 2ply lace shawl. I have 1100m of beautiful 2ply alpaca I just need the patience to do it. I’ve just started the Handsome Triangle from Victorian Lace Today in 4ply so I’m working up to it.
- Get a new camera and start taking photos again. My camera was dropped by one of the kids a while ago. Time for a new one with a good macro lens so I can get some good stitch shots.
- Finish some old WIPs. I’m currently in finishing mode. First up is Matter and Void and then the Fluted ribs capelet. After that I want to finish an actual garment! (In the last week of 2009 I finished 2 things so I’m on a roll)
- Get to the gym. I need to lose a few inches; not fussed about weight – I want my clothes to fit. This will have to wait until my current project (in Hobart) finishes in February.
- Spend more time at home. After working on a project interstate for 2 years (I started it in Feb 2008) I want to spend more time at home and less on planes!
Happy new year.