I have a few plans for what to make this year – my Ravelry queue is much much longer than just this list!
First of all there is the Lace Wardrobe Challenge for 2010. (All projects for this will be tagged yo-lace)
- I will restart Justine. This is an 8ply casual lace tank. My first attempt had a mistake that I couldn’t get right so it has been frogged.
- A pair of lace wristwarmers- not sure of the pattern yet. I want them to be warm and pretty.
- A lace scarf, 3 options here. Branching out, a scarf version of my summer lace stole or the Stella bamboo lace scarf from Luxury yarns one skein wonders.
- A camisole in fine silk…maybe I will get around to Butterfly vest from Rowan 37 finally.
- I like the idea of french knickers to go with the cami but finding a pattern could be a problem.
- Hope cardi from Yarn magazine issue 12. This gives details on how to calculate for a good fit no matter what your shape.
- Eerie – lace t shirt from Rowan 43
- TBD – maybe a hat, or something else that is small.
The other 2 are underway.
No one said you had to finish this in a year did they? That is a challenging list!
- A new pair of possum fingerless gloves – I have bought the yarn.
- A scarf that has stripes of recycled sari silk in black, silver, red and purple in a base of black brushed alpaca. I will knit it lengthwise.
- A lace weight shawl. – doesn’t count to yo-lace as I already have a shawl and likely to take a long time to finish.
- More knitted tops for work. It is easier to get a good fit when I make them instead of buying them.
Also on the shopping front I finally got my Knitpro tips in 3.00mm and 3.25mm. They have been a long time coming. In the last week I also got the merino/possum for my fingerless gloves and the alpaca for my silk and alpaca scarf.
It is going to be a busy year.