Butterfly vest finally started

I have wanted to make this since it was published in January 2005. I even made a wrap in the lace pattern in 4ply sock wool to practice the stitch in 2005.

Well yesterday I finally made a start using my Mayhem and Chaos silk/cotton 2ply. It took a few goes to get started because I’m not making the largest size. This means that I am starting 6 stitches in on the graph. Of course you can’t start with a k2tog with no matching yo without mucking up the stitch count but did I think of that? Of course not. A reminder on the graph to just knit the edge stitches if there wasn’t a match would have made it easier for me.

I’ve completed one pattern now so it should be clear sailing from this point on.  I will post a photo when I have done enough to show something.

Advertisements

One thought on “Butterfly vest finally started

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s