I’ve just been looking through the projects in “The official sexy knitters club” on Ravelry. It got me thinking: What is a sexy knit?
- It fits well
- It is flattering on the person wearing it.
- It enhances the person’s features
- It is not too revealing.
- It sits properly without pulling anywhere or riding up.
- It doesn’t hide the person wearing it.
So what stopped some of the garments being sexy?
- pulling across the bust
- cut too low or wide making it look like the wearer was in their little sister’s top.
- too tight across the tummy
- too loose across the bust
- too big in the shoulders making it look sloppy
- fronts not wide enough to do up without pulling but done up anyway.
- hiding the person wearing it.
In my opinion if you want to look sexy in your knitwear then make a size that fits, a design that suits your body type and a colour that suits your skintone.
I was surprised to see a large number of socks, scarves and hats in the gallery for this group. Personally I don’t consider these things sexy at all but I suppose others might.