Its finished! The Drop Stitch Lace tank has been completed with a few modifications.
- Knitted in the round. This meant I could try it on and get the pattern changes where I wanted them.
- Unmatched front and back, I made the front one size bigger than the back. As the patterning allowed for a bigger front than back I only needed to go up one size.
- I worked it so that the ribbing (smallest gauge) ended up on my waist (smallest girth). This made it shorter as I didn’t increase the lace at the bottom as I intended to wear it with skirts.
- I changed it to a V neck so that I didn’t have excess fabric across my upper body and I wouldn’t have to reduce the stitch count to drop a size.
- I used short rows to form sloping shoulders instead of making them straight across.
I used some Heirloom Breeze that I got from the backroom at Bendigo a few years ago on 4.5mm needles.
I love the way it fits, I might make another longer one in bright cotton to wear with jeans.