Back in July I got a kit for Spring by Dairing from EGMTK at Bendigo. I’ve finally finished it! Just in time for the hottest month of the year. I made it shorter than the pattern as I am short and I’m not likely to wear it with tights as shown in the pattern.
On the needles this looked tiny, I had no idea how it was going to go around me. Blocking however did its job opening it up and softening the fibre.
Once blocked it was sewn, this was the interesting bit, sewing a couple of seams changed it from 2 rectangles to an interesting top. Once sewn I found it needed to be washed again and hung to dry to improve the shape.
I really like the final product, it is going to great for hot days worn with trousers or a straight skirt.