I’m doing a training course an hour by train away from home this week. Tuesday morning I took a circular needle and a ball of Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre. I cast on as the train pulled out and put it away when the train pulled into my stop. I continued on the way home.
The next morning I decided it was time to start the decreases, I didn’t have a tape measure on me or the pattern. By the time I got home last night I had fastened off the last stitches. It looked a bit big and when I tried it on I realised I had misjudged the length of it so I would have to roll it up a bit more than I had planned. That was ok, however when I washed it the yarn relaxed and it covered my whole head!
I spent the next 15 minutes hand felting it down to a more appropriate size. I dried it on a glass head and I’ve just decided to add a flower that I wore in my hair for my wedding 9 years ago. Its been sitting in a drawer ever since so its time it got some use.