A few weeks ago I pulled a skein of Mayhem and Chaos Polwarth/silk/cashmere out of my stash and started thinking about what to do with it. I wasn’t 100% sure about the colour (it came from a yarn club years ago). I got onto pinterest and started looking at photos containing that colour so I could determine what I liked and what I didn’t. My conclusion was it was a background colour and needed something bright in the foreground to set it off.
With this in mind I decided that whatever I made had to be plain so that it could be worn with brightly coloured scarves or jewellery.
I’m most of the way through making a top with it. I’m using the Mohair Minimalist pattern but I’ve added bust and hip shaping so that it doesn’t pull anywhere. This one has a lower neckline than my mohair one and my tension is 16st/10cm instead of the 14 I used last time making it a little bit less see through. It is fitting really well and working out just as I wanted it to be.
Here are a few shots with scarves so you can see what I had in mind…